Thursday, March 17, 2011

My marathon experience



Ken and I had planned to take a bus trip to D.C. last Sunday to see the Hyperbolic Crochet Coral Reef at the Smithsonian. He insisted I go without him. What a guy.
Off I went with a busload of friends, knitting all the way.
Pure joy.
In order to actually get to the Museum of Natural History, we found it necessary to participate in the St. Patrick's Day marathon. OK. In all truth, we were told the only way to cross Constitution Avenue was to actually join the runners and exit the race on the other side of the street. Can you say "Why did the knitters cross the road?" We did a little victory dance after we made it to the other side. One more thing I can cross off my bucket list, I guess.

Since I'm writing this on St. Patty's Day, I am saving the actual coral reef info for later. I believe I have never had so much fun while in our nation's capitol.
They even had their St. Patrick's Day parade on Sunday, in beautiful weather, just for us!

I discovered I'm a sucker for team mascots, even though I always believed myself to be a one-mascot woman, that being the Philly Phanatic. Harsh truth, but there you have it. The Washington Nationals had four mascots in attendance, and they were awesome. A beautiful day and a beautiful parade.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds (and looks) like a perfect day. I'm sure the parade was fun to watch and hear. I'm so glad you got to go! I thought of you and the coral reef when I saw the exhibit listed in Piecework magazine.

    ReplyDelete