Sometimes the bumps along the road to knitting are just purls.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Life is like a box of chocolates :)
I got an e-mail from Mary saying she had received an award and was passing it along to me -to also pass along if I chose. Such a great idea, I thought. Of course, I got the email a week ago and had to wait to figure out how to actually link to things. Thanks for the great tutorial, Mary!
Pam (the person who started this award) says:
In my best southern accent, I would like to say that I have been thinking about a new award and what I would like it to say. People are like Forrest Gump said ” Life is like a box of chocolates and you never know what you’re gonna get.You can see this box of chocolates is filled with different and unique candies and just like the chocolates we are all different and unique people. We are the same in that we all have common ingredients that make us more a like than not. Except for the frosting, which represents our personalities, we are indeed very similar on the inside.”
And of course there are rules:
1. That you must pass this award to others.
2. Link back to me when you have passed them forward.
3. Write a nice post about this award.
4. You must read this award with a southern accent. I call it southern day where we all have to speak with a southern accent. I know that will be hard for some of you, but for the rest of us, we will be fine. So now, ya’ll just enjoy this little ol’ award and have fun with it.
5. And of course let your folks know that they have a nice award waiting for them.
Well, I'm not from the glorious South but, if I even get close to a real, live Southerner, I start speaking in Southern-ese. Ask my daughter cause it drives her crazy. There's something comforting in chocolate, knitting and the South. I'm not just talking Southern Comfort. Thanks so much for the chocolate, Mary. I'd like to share the sweetness with:
Wendy - Owner of LYS at Kitchen Kettle Village. Awesome yarns and a super caring atmosphere.
Rachel-Marie - Creator of some of the prettiest handspun this side of the Mason-Dixon line.
Lauren - Member of the gang at LYS and button-maker to the stars. Plus, she's getting hitched to the "pottery guy" in a few weeks
And that's all folks. Thanks to Snit n' Knit and Stringplay for keeping me in the loop. (Hey, that's pretty clever...)